STUDIO WARM is offering a design internship based in our London studio.
Furniture and Product Design internship
17. August 2016, London, UK
Studio Warm is currently inviting applications for an internship position with us at our studio in London.
We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious people, with a keen interest in furniture design in particular, to work on bespoke commissions and collaborations with our international client base across product and furniture design. In addition, assistance is needed with new concept and product development for our own brand collection of high end furniture and interior products.
Working in a small boutique studio, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines and will be expected to partake in general office duties when necessary.
Duties may include:
• Working on a variety of projects in scale and typology, from small accessories to installations and interiors.
• Developing designs from sketch to presentation renderings under the guidance of Creative Director Corinna Warm
• Supporting the design team
• Producing Technical Drawings
• Assisting in sourcing and liaising with suppliers
• Workshop visits
• Sourcing materials and samples
• Assisting with social media updates and other marketing tools such as blog and newsletters
• General office duties
• excellent hand sketching
• great communication skills
• highly motivated and passionate, hands-on approach
• ability to think creatively and work to tight deadlines
• fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial
• excellent time management skills
• an understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
• Bachelors degree in Product , Furniture or 3 dimensional Design
• prior internships or relevant experience strongly preferred
• good sense of humour
• 3D Modelling software skills essential
• confident Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
• Microsoft Office
• Additional software beneficial
Internship positions run for a period of 6 months. Due to the current work load, we are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible. The position is available from September 2016, and preference will be given to candidates who are immediately available.
There is a possibility of future employment with us.
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio (including examples of hand sketching and 3D computer skills) and covering letter to email@example.com, with 'Design and Development Internship' in the subject heading. Please do not send attachments larger than 4MB. We regret we will not review any links to online portfolios or websites.
We will be in touch to arrange interviews with selected applicants. Please be aware, we can only consider applications which correspond to the requirements outlined above.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we can only reply to successful candidates – please do not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs. We will arrange interviews with a number of applicants at our London studio. Candidate must be based in London and available for an immediate start.