STUDIO WARM is offering a design internship based in our London studio.
12.07.2015, London, UK
Studio Warm is currently inviting applications for an internship position with us at our studio in London.
We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious people, with a keen interest in interior and furniture design to work on new projects for our international client base across product and spatial design as well as new concept and product development for our own brand collection of high end furniture and interior products.
Working in a small boutique studio, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines and will be expected to partake in general office duties when necessary.
Duties will include:
• Working on a variety of projects in scale and typology, from small accessories to installations and interiors.
• Developing designs from sketch to presentation renderings under the instruction
• Producing Technical Drawings
• Assisting in liaising with suppliers
• Sourcing materials and samples
• General office duties
• model making skills
• excellent hand sketching
• great communication skills
• good graphic and presentation skills
• ambitious, curious and inquisitive mind
• highly motivated, hands-on approach
• fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial
• prior internships or relevant experience strongly preferred
• excellent time management skills
• ability to think creatively and work to tight deadlines
• attention to detail and critical thinking throughout
• ability to discuss and solve design details
• must be proactive and have confidence to work under your own initiative
• an understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
• Bachelors degree in Product/Interior Design or related field
• knowledge and interest in Art and Design essential
• good sense of humour
• confident in both Mac OS and Windows
• 3D Modelling skills essential
• confident Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
• Microsoft Office
• Additional software beneficial
Internship positions run for a period of 6 months. Pay is negotiable dependent on level of experience. There is a possibility of future employment with us.
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio (including examples of hand sketching and 3D computer skills) and covering letter to email@example.com, with “Design Internship” in the subject heading. Please do not send attachments larger than 4MB. We will not review any links to online portfolios or websites.
We will be in touch to arrange interviews with selected applicants. Please be aware, we can only consider applications which correspond to the requirements outlined above.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we can only reply to successful candidates – please do not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs. We will arrange interviews with a number of applicants at our London studio. Candidate must be based in London and available for an immediate start.