STUDIO WARM is currently offering an opportunity for a product designer to join the team at their London studio for an immediate start.
STUDIO WARM is a multi-disciplinary design consultancy with a diverse portfolio in product, furniture and spatial design.
We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious people, with a keen interest in furniture design in particular, to work on bespoke commissions and collaborations with our international client base, across product and furniture design. In addition, assistance is needed with new concept and product development for our own brand collection of high end furniture and interior products.
Working in a small, busy boutique studio, the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work across a range of disciplines and will be expected to partake in general office duties when necessary.
Duties may include:
• Working on a variety of projects in scale and typology, from small accessories to commissions and interiors.
• Sourcing high quality materials and samples and liaising effectively with suppliers
• Monitoring design projects from concept through manufacture including occasional workshop and site visits.
• Developing designs from sketch to presentation renderings under the guidance of Creative Director, Corinna Warm
• Producing Technical Drawings
• Bachelors degree in Product, Furniture or 3 dimensional Design
• Proven experience in a furniture or product design studio or similar
• experience of different design processes and manufacture with an emphasis on furniture and lighting.
• excellent hand sketching, model making and presentation skills
• great communication skills, with ability to discuss and solve design details
• fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial
• excellent time management and organisational skills
• must be proactive and have confidence to work under own initiative
• good sense of humour
• confident in both Mac OS and Windows
• Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator)
• Microsoft Office
• Additional software beneficial
To apply, please send your CV, portfolio (including examples of hand sketching, technical drawings and 3D computer skills) and covering letter to email@example.com, with Product Design and Production assistant' in the subject heading. Please do not send attachments larger than 4MB. We will not review any links to online portfolios or websites.
Please be aware, we can only consider applications which correspond to the requirements outlined above.
We will be in touch with selected applicants to arrange interviews at our London studio. Candidates must be based in London, be authorised to work in the UK and available for an immediate start.